I speak and write about librarians developing data management skills and working with their own data; research data management policy; and open access with tenure. Interested in having me speak or do a workshop? Please check the About Me page for more contact information.
- Goben A, Sheehan S, Putnam N. Preconference: Managing Data: Tools for Plans and Data Scrubbing. ALA Annual Conference. Las Vegas, NV. June 2014.
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Exploring Our Own Data: Practical Application of Data Management Skills to Library Data Sets. Zar Symposium. Chicago, IL. April 2014.
- Sapp-Nelson M, Zhang Q, Goben A, Griffin T, Scheib S, Martin M. Engaging Liaisons. Research Data Access Preservation. Atlanta, GA. May 2016.
- Raszewski R, Goben A. Resources for Educating Yourself on Research Data Management. Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries 2016 Conference. Chicago, IL. March 2016.
- (invited) Goben A, Raszewski R. Educating Yourself on Research Data Management: Resources and Opportunities. National Network of the Libraries of Medicine Lake Effects Series. Online. November 2015
- (invited) Goben A, Carlson D, Ziskana J, Alperin JP. Advancing ‘Open’ through Library Partnerships with Students and Early Career Researchers. SPARC and ACRL Annual Forum. ALA Annual Conference. San Francisco, CA. June 2015.
- Goben A, Briney D, Zilinski L. University Data Policies and Library Data Services: Pecha Kucha. IASSIST 2015. Minneapolis, MN. June 2015.
- Outreach to Health Science Faculty: Opportunities and Challenges. Illinois Academic Library Marketing Meeting. Evanston, IL. May 2015.
- Goben A, Briney D, Zilinski L. University Data Policies and Library Data Services. Research Data Access and Preservation Conference. Minneapolis, MN. April 2015.
- McKiernan E. McArthur J. Johnson M. Goben A. Wilson C. Mounce R. Advocating for Open Science as an Early Career Researcher. F1000 Tweetchat. August 2014. http://blog.f1000research.com/2014/08/14/open-science-advocacy-tweetchat-recap/
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Fording the Data Stream. MLA Midwest Chapter. Peoria, IL. October 2013.
- Goben A, Sheehan S (moderators) for Mullins J, Starr J, Sandusky R. Data, E-Data, and Data Curation: Our Next Frontier ALA Annual Conference. Chicago, IL. June 2013.
- What Do You Mean “Get Up to Speed on Data”? Self Educating on the Fly. LITA Forum. Columbus, OH. October 7, 2012. [Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/AbigailGoben/data-self-education-for-lita-forum; http://hdl.handle.net/10027/10078]
- Goben A, De Groote S, Sandusky RJ. Support for Research Data Management: Planning Tools, Storage Options, and Other Collaborative Assistance from the University Library. UIC Bioinformatics Colloquium. Chicago, IL. September 24, 2012.
- De Groote S, Goben A, Sandusky RJ. Research Data Management: Library and Campus Collaboration to Support E-Research.UIC IT Proforum. Chicago, IL. April 5, 2012. http://hdl.handle.net/10027/10092
- Data 101: Where Should I Begin and Why Should I Care? Computers in Libraries. Washington DC. March 23, 2012. [Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/AbigailGoben/data-101]
- Reaching “Young Adults” with Library Services (They’re Not Students or Teens Anymore).ALA Unconference, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. July 10, 2009. http://wikis.ala.org/annual2009/index.php/Unconference_Schedule