Happy 2016! I hope you’ve made it through the first couple of days of the fresh calendar without too much stress and with health or looking forward towards it.
There were a fair amount of aspects to 2015 that I won’t be sorry to have left behind, but there were a number of accomplishments I’m especially proud of and several new things coming in the next few months that I’m looking forward to.
Last year, I wrote a lot…
- Goben A, Raszewski R. The Data Lifecycle Applied to Our Own Data. J Med Libr Assoc. 2015 Jan;103(1):40-4. doi: http://doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.103.1.008
- It started off with Rebecca and I finally getting this paper out of the door. We learned a lot about data management and observed, with some horror, the state of our internal data processes.
- Briney K, Goben A, Zilinski L. Do You Have an Institutional Data Policy? A Review of the Current Landscape of Library Data Services and Institutional Data Policies. J Schol Comm Lib. 2015 Sep;3(2):eP1232. doi: http://doi.org/10.7710/2162-3309.1232
- I am so proud of the first paper from this collaboration. Kristin and Lisa have been fantastic research partners and we’ve already hit 850 downloads of the paper!
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Policies and Background Literature for Self-Education on Research Data Management: An Annotated Bibliography. ISTL. 2015;82(Fall 2015). doi: http://doi.org/10.5062/F4GB222C
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Research Data Management Self-Education for Librarians: A Webliography. ISTL. 2015;82(Fall 2015). doi: http://doi.org/10.5062/F4348HCK
- Rebecca and I spent quite a few hours getting these pulled together and produced. We hope all the self-educators out there will find them a useful starting point!
And I spoke a couple of times–on my research with Lisa and Kristin at RDAP and IASSIST, and by invitation at the SPARC/ACRL Forum at ALA 2014 about Open Access for early career researchers (and making sure that librarians include themselves in that category). Late in the year Rebecca and I did a webinar for the National Network of the Library of Medicine on Self-Education.
- Rebecca and I wrote another book chapter on Self-Education in RDM for librarians. We’re waiting on edits.
- Lisa, Kristin, and I wrote two books chapters–one on services beyond DMP reading and one on how policies affect data curation practice. More waiting on edits.
- A new research partner, Alison, and I are most of the way through a paper! Really need to get that finished.
- Lisa, Kristin, and I are hard at work on Paper 2
- All the other research projects and papers that keep popping up in my head at 3 a.m.
Upcoming presentations and such
And I realize that’s just one category. I have more thoughts about LITA and starting to wind down as Madame Chairwoman and my new dept head starts Monday and I have a bazillion other things going on at work as soon as I get back…
It’s going to be a busy year!