I speak and consult about developing data management skills and policies; libraries, privacy and learning analytics; and getting tenure while publishing in open access journals. If you are interested in inviting me to speak or would like me to see a CFP, please see my About Me page for more contact information and a current copy of my CV.
- Goben A. Navigating Data Capture and Use in Academic Libraries. Michigan Library Association Academic Libraries Conference. March 15 2019.
- Goben A, Sapp Nelson M. Building Your Research Data Management Toolkit: Integrating RDM into Your Liaison Work. Association of College and Research Libraries Workshop. Multiple Locations. Ongoing 2016-current.
- Goben A, Sheehan S, Putnam N. Preconference: Managing Data: Tools for Plans and Data Scrubbing. ALA Annual Conference. Las Vegas, NV. June 2014.
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Exploring Our Own Data: Practical Application of Data Management Skills to Library Data Sets. Zar Symposium. Chicago, IL. April 2014.
- Goben A, Jones KML, Asher A, Briney K, Perry M, Salo D, Robertshaw MB. In Their Own Words: Student Perspectives on Privacy and Library Participation in Learning Analytics Initiatives. American Library Association: Library and Information Technology Association. Washington DC. June 2019.
- Goben A, Briney K, Robertshaw MB. Libraries and Learning Analytics: Identifying the Issues. American Library Association. New Orleans, LA. June 2018.
- Goben A, Griffin T. In Aggregate: Trends, Needs, and Opportunities from Faculty Research Data Management Surveys. International Association for Social Science Information Services and Technology. Lawrence, Kansas. May 2017.
- Pikas C, Smith M, Goben A. When Tradition and Reality Collide: Metrics, Impact and Beyond Interdisciplinary Impact. Association of College and Research Libraries Conference. Baltimore, MD. March 2017.
- Sapp-Nelson M, Zhang Q, Goben A, Griffin T, Scheib S, Martin M. Engaging Liaisons. Research Data Access Preservation. Atlanta, GA. May 2016.
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Educating Yourself on Research Data Management: Resources and Opportunities. National Network of the Libraries of Medicine Lake Effects Series. Online. November 2015
- Goben A, Briney D, Zilinski L. University Data Policies and Library Data Services. Research Data Access and Preservation Conference. Minneapolis, MN. April 2015.
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Fording the Data Stream. MLA Midwest Chapter. Peoria, IL. October 2013.
- What Do You Mean “Get Up to Speed on Data”? Self Educating on the Fly. LITA Forum. Columbus, OH. October 7, 2012. [Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/AbigailGoben/data-self-education-for-lita-forum; http://hdl.handle.net/10027/10078]
- Data 101: Where Should I Begin and Why Should I Care? Computers in Libraries. Washington DC. March 23, 2012. [Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/AbigailGoben/data-101]
- Reaching “Young Adults” with Library Services (They’re Not Students or Teens Anymore).ALA Unconference, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. July 10, 2009. http://wikis.ala.org/annual2009/index.php/Unconference_Schedule