I speak and write about librarians developing data management skills and working with their own data; research data management policy; and getting tenure while publishing in open access journals. Interested in having me speak or do a workshop? Please check the About Me page for more contact information.
- Goben A, Sapp Nelson M. Building Your Research Data Management Toolkit: Integrating RDM into Your Liaison Work. Association of College and Research Libraries Workshop. Multiple Locations. 2016-2017.
- Goben A, Sheehan S, Putnam N. Preconference: Managing Data: Tools for Plans and Data Scrubbing. ALA Annual Conference. Las Vegas, NV. June 2014.
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Exploring Our Own Data: Practical Application of Data Management Skills to Library Data Sets. Zar Symposium. Chicago, IL. April 2014.
- Goben A, Griffin T. In Aggregate: Trends, Needs, and Opportunities from Faculty Research Data Management Surveys. International Association for Social Science Information Services and Technology. Lawrence, Kansas. May 2017.
- Pikas C, Smith M, Goben A. When Tradition and Reality Collide: Metrics, Impact and Beyond Interdisciplinary Impact. Association of College and Research Libraries Conference. Baltimore, MD. March 2017.
- Sapp-Nelson M, Zhang Q, Goben A, Griffin T, Scheib S, Martin M. Engaging Liaisons. Research Data Access Preservation. Atlanta, GA. May 2016.
- (invited) Goben A, Raszewski R. Educating Yourself on Research Data Management: Resources and Opportunities. National Network of the Libraries of Medicine Lake Effects Series. Online. November 2015
- (invited) Goben A, Carlson D, Ziskana J, Alperin JP. Advancing ‘Open’ through Library Partnerships with Students and Early Career Researchers. SPARC and ACRL Annual Forum. ALA Annual Conference. San Francisco, CA. June 2015.
- Goben A, Briney D, Zilinski L. University Data Policies and Library Data Services. Research Data Access and Preservation Conference. Minneapolis, MN. April 2015.
- Goben A, Raszewski R. Fording the Data Stream. MLA Midwest Chapter. Peoria, IL. October 2013.
- What Do You Mean “Get Up to Speed on Data”? Self Educating on the Fly. LITA Forum. Columbus, OH. October 7, 2012. [Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/AbigailGoben/data-self-education-for-lita-forum; http://hdl.handle.net/10027/10078]
- Data 101: Where Should I Begin and Why Should I Care? Computers in Libraries. Washington DC. March 23, 2012. [Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/AbigailGoben/data-101]
- Reaching “Young Adults” with Library Services (They’re Not Students or Teens Anymore).ALA Unconference, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. July 10, 2009. http://wikis.ala.org/annual2009/index.php/Unconference_Schedule