Silence can be a sign of too much to say rather than the inverse. Trying to align my thoughts of late has been challenging. I’m working on a lot of to do lists. And if it isn’t in my day planner, it is not happening. That’s the rule. The day planner is final and it’s paper. Yes I know that means it isn’t backed up and synched to my phone and etc etc etc…the best organization system is the one that works for you and accomplishes what you need it to without infringing on others. (I’m mauling someone’s quote there…)
1. School started today. HOORAY! Does this mean the library is empty? Well…for about 15 minutes it did. The school year isn’t necessarily quieter during the school year, but the focus is a little different. Storytimes start again week after next and we’re swinging back to after school programming. Homeschooling parents are still in and there are early release days starting next week so we get to play “what school district are you attending and are you truant?” There are also an increasing number of families taking advantage of online education for the K-12 crowd. This works to varying degrees, just as all other methods of education.
2. Book 10 of the 39 Clues is out. I was number 2 on the hold list and I have started reading my copy.
3. Last check of the Mockingjay holds list had us down to 179 in the system with 30 copies. Hopefully readers will continue to turn things over quickly. Audio is looking a little longer, the Branch Princess and I bought four copies but there’s only 1 other copy in the system so far.
4. I added a widget that shows my knitting projects! I know, I know, knitting was broken out of here and sent off to Hedgehog Knitting. My blog, my rules though, right? So if you’re inclined you can click over to HL Headquarters and see little images and my progress. This is pulled in from Ravelry, where I’m pretty good about keeping up with admission of how much wool I buy and just how many projects I have going on at present. Feel free to nag about projects you think I should be finishing.
5. I’m going home three weeks from today! I have nearly an entire week in NY and only a few definite plans as yet, though the goal is to relax and get away and just see everyone there in person. Just found out The Actor is going to be away (sad) so I’ll miss him this round. But I will get to meet my new nephew, Tyler; I can hopefully fit in a trip to my hairdresser; and, perhaps I can get the Brunette to go with me to the American Museum of Natural History or the National Museum of the American Indian. Haven’t been to the former in 5-6 years, the latter, ever. He doesn’t want to go yarn shopping with me, I’ll compromise if we can hit a museum instead. Also, maybe out to the North Fork of LI (assuming Earl doesn’t wash it away) to the wineries. (Gypsy will be staying at home with her usual live-in minion, oops, sitter)
6. I’m reading Domesday: a Search for the Roots of England (Wood) and listening to Dragon Rider (Funke/Fraser). Blameless by Gail Carriger came out TODAY, so that might necessitate a trip up to BN after work. Because I have copious spare time.
7. I almost have all my long picture books pulled for Wee Reads Part 3. I still haven’t found a chapter book I’m happy with so today will need to be rummaging the shelves again.