While perusing a vanity search, I found Walt’s post about TechNos and revisited my own list of things I don’t do in this ever changing technological world. I thought it’d be interesting to do a comparison.
- DTV: Wasn’t worried about the transition
- SQL: On the To Learn Better List
- No Digital Camera
- A little concerned about Blu-Ray
- DTV, the transition came and went and many people still need boxes. Haven’t heard any great fussing about it though. **ETA: Walt reminds me that we’ve not gone through DTV yet, though a couple of our local stations have. Still, it has dropped off the radar of late. Thanks Walt!
- SQL: Still on the to-learn list, though my database work is thumping various aspects into my brain
- I now have a small digital camera that lives in my purse. It’s pretty awesome and I’m enjoying it. Still miss some of the film camera aspects, but being able to inflict all of my Ravelry and Friendfeed friends with pictures of my yarn and knitting projects.
- Have yet to buy a Blu-Ray player.
New Things for This Year?
- I’m still not an active gamer outside of the occasional round of Scramble or Word Twist on Facebook
- I’ve not gotten into ebooks. With piles in my library basket, on my bookshelves, and on my waiting lists, it could yet be a while before I get to those.
- My high speed internet doesn’t play nice with my wireless, so I’ve never used Hulu
What things have changed for you over the last year? What things have you become aware of that you are choosing to not embrace or might embrace in the future?